The Five Most Common Causes of Roof Failure in Greenville, South Carolina
There are a lot of factors that go into determining a roof’s lifespan. Poor upkeep and lack of maintenance can greatly shorten a roof’s lifespan. It is best to do regular maintenance.
Here are Five Common Causes of Roof Failure
The following are five of the most common causes of roof failure in the Upstate of South Carolina.
- Low quality workmanship. The professional roofers at Heights Roofing participate in regular training to make sure the quality of our installation meets manufacturer standards and exceeds industry and customer expectations.
- Poor design. Roofing designs vary in their design quality. If a roof has been designed improperly, you will need to replace the roof more often than in a better designed building.
- Bad materials and general weathering. Matters might get installed wrong when they are initially put in. This is especially prevalent with an inexperienced company. Also, the weather affects the roof greatly. Storms do damage and can cause roof failure.
- Moisture and internal damage. Bad attic ventilation, for example, can lead to this. Mold and mildew could develop, rotting of your roof, and general damage to your roof could occur. Additionally, rodents like this climate, so it encourages their buildup.
- Roof traffic. If people or animals have been on your roof, it will weaken it.
Inspecting your roof regularly allows you to catch problems when they are small and, generally, less expensive to deal with. It is best to deal with a problem immediately without giving it a chance to grow and become a more expensive issue to handle. The industry recommendation is that you have a professional, thorough review twice a year—fall and spring—to make sure it is in the best condition it can be in. Additionally, you should perform regular visual checks.
Advantages of Roof Maintenance
Being proactive with your roof maintenance will save you time and money in the long term. You catch problems early on and you are able to nip them in the butt. This is smart business and you’ll have fewer headaches in the future.
Roof maintenance is key. Don’t put it off. Talk with one of our consultants to help you get the best roof maintenance program.