Three Things Property Managers Should Look At When Selecting a Roofing Contractor
There is a lot of diversity within the roofing system industry. Not all companies employ only highly trained and qualified technicians. At Heights Roofing, we only hire the best. Our elite team of professionals is dedicated to making sure our customers’ expectations are always exceeded. However, we encourage potential clients to look at the facts, and we have provided a check list in this blog of areas you should consider when hiring a roofing company.
- Credentials as a Contractor
For the protection of your company’s assets and to guard you from any liability, it is critical to check the credentials and certifications of roofing contractors you are interviewing for your project. Use the following advice and tips to confirm the company you hire is properly qualified:
- License and insurance qualifications: Your roofing contractor should be legally licensed for home improvement projects and general contracting services in the State of South Carolina. Companies making alterations, improvements, or additions to properties that are primarily residences within Greenville, South Carolina city limits must carry a BACP-issued home repair license and appropriate liability insurance. Contact us directly if you have any questions about our insurance and any potential liability.
- Affiliations and awards: Your contractor should be active in industry memberships and involved in professional organizations. Additionally, these recognized organizations give out awards to distinguish the best within the roofing systems industry. Inquire about these with any potential roofing contractor.
- References: We recommend that you ask for several references that relate to the property management services you need. You could additionally check reference resources available online, such as, Google reviews, Yelp, Angie’s List, and Facebook reviews. At Heights Roofing in Greenville, South Carolina, we are happy to provide you with references from our many satisfied clients.
- High Quality, Affordable Services
We highly recommend that you ask prospective roofing contractors if they hire subcontractors or temporary day-labor workers. Part of your long-term strategy should be hiring contractors that value security and reliability. You should only hire companies that use long-term employees to ensure they are properly trained and vetted.
Additionally, look for a roofing contractor with roots in the greater Greenville, South Carolina area that completes all jobs in-house. It’s good for the community and you can trust the local reputation!
- Committed Contact
Good, efficient communication is imperative for any company to prosper. Expect truly custom customer service from the roofing contractor you work with. Customer service is a part valuing customers. If you do not get quality customer service, it reflects how they treat and value their customers. A good company that values their customers always treats them with respect.